Where others see barriers, we see
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your leagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communications solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government.
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide expensive satellite coverage of all of the world's seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams.
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
The Global Services Solutions Engineer is a key member of the SES Technology Ground
Infrastructure team providing expertise in the Order-to-fulfilment domain, mainly Service Design, Implementation and Commissioning at SES Gateways. The engineer's activities will include the active lection as well as definition of technical requirements and processes for implementing Service platforms. This comprises interface management as well as coordination across multiple internal teams and customers. A further part of the role is in the lead-to-order domain with focus on providing customer focused technical proposals for above mentioned services.
- Design, specify and implement services (Data & Video) at SES Gateway and Teleport locations for High Throughput satellites, Widebeam GEO satellites and MEO satellites.
- Lead technical coordination for end-to-end RF service commissioning at global SES Gateway locations across internal teams and customer representatives
- Design subsystems and implement RF earth station equipment including antennas, HPA's, switch matrix, up/down converters, modulators, inter-facility connection equipment and Co-lo space
- Design, specify and manage the integration of measurement, communications and monitoring and control systems (including Service IOT and M&C Systems)
- Perform transmission analysis, in particular budget calculations and studies in support of business development and customer services
- Define and specify building and IP infrastructure as required for such ground based systems
- Drive adherence across all segments of the service delivery process
- Ownership of resource constraint planning and entification inside implementation of projects
- Handle budgets, procurements, manage installations and the operational handover of ground segment, services and communications systems
- In the scope of the project, coordinate with other functions (Project Control, Legal, Finance) for the transparent and effective realization of assigned projects
- You must efficiently own and implement the related full project life cycles: from requirements lection/definition in- and outside the company and budgeting via project/program management incl. procurement or design/development to the operational 2nd/3rd level support
- You shall as well: deliver clear, concise, timely and constructive strategic or technical guidance and be co-operative support to peers/customers in- and outside the company
- A recognized Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering degree (BS/MS or similar)
- Minimum 5 years (7 years for Senior) of relevant "hands-on" engineering experience in the satellite communications domain as Development or Systems Engineer, Test & Integration Engineer, and/or Project Manager
- Minimum 5 years (7 years for Senior) of relevant Hands-on experience in RF measurement techniques, test and verification of ground stations and auxiliary systems
- Proven flexibility and reliability in delivering successfully ground solutions globally without ect supervision
- Highly experienced in developing and maintaining high availability satellite or telecommunications systems through the use of manned and unmanned facilities
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use System Engineering processes
- Excellent/Good command of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio), Autocad, Excel VBA, Windows and Linux or similar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English, other uages are considered as valuable assets
- Effective communication and presentations skills in working with both technical and non-technical support staff
- Ability and wiliness to integrate into an international environment, to travel internationally and to communicate with international peers and customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English
- Self-motivated and self-educating individual with strong personal and professional initiative who is willing and able to work laboratively with both customers and fellow team members
- Excellent organizational and attention to details skills required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems
- Sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done
- Resourcefully working through or around anything blocking things that need to be accomplished
- Ability to travel, up to 25% of the time, including international travel
We Offer You
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package ed to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, or, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender entity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a "protected individual" as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.