Location(s): MN - Newport; MN - St Paul; MN - White Bear Lake; MN - Wyoming
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Advanced Step Apprentice/Journeyman Serviceperson to be located at the Rice Street Service Center in St. Paul, MN, Newport Service Center in Newport, MN and White Bear Lake Service Center in White Bear Lake, MN.
In this position, you are responsible for field activities within the Gas Utiliaztion Section.
1. Applicant must be able to react effectively to gas emergencies.
2. Applicant must be able to read and understand distribution maps and design drawings, procedures, etc. to provide information to field personnel.
3. Applicant must be able to coordinate multiple work activities and personnel effectively.
4. Applicant must be well versed in City/State piping codes, Company Operating, and Safety Standards.
5. This position is subject to the D.O.T. RSPA Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
6. Must have demonstrated experience working in Gas Operations, Maintenance, as a Gas Serviceman.
7. Must have teamwork, customer relations, and communication skills.
8. Must have ability to function under stress when investigating and repairing gas leaks involving public safety.
9. Must be willing to learn and use computer applications as technology provides systems to be used by field employees; e.g., mobile data terminals, etc.
10. Must have completed an Xcel Energy Apprenticeship program through the state of MN
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - St Paul || MN - Newport; MN - St Paul; MN - White Bear Lake; MN - Wyoming || United States (US) || Operations || 21840:Gas Ops St Paul MN || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15703
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]