Location(s): MN - Maple Grove
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Advanced Step Apprentice/Journeyman System Field Technician to be located at our Maple Grove Service Center in Maple Grove, MN.
As a Field Technician you will be required to maintain facilities and equipment that relates to substations, energized and de-energized distribution, transmission and generation equipment. Applicant must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely. The applicant will be expected to respond to callout after normal work hours and weekends as well as out of town work and plant reporting requirements. Applicant will also be required to obtain knowledge on Company related software to complete his/her daily tasks. Training will be provided.
1.) Must have a valid Class A CDL Driver’s License with Hazardous/Tanker endorsements or be capable of obtaining one within 6 months of accepting position.
2.) Demonstrates commitment to work productively and safely.
3.) Must be capable of acquiring and maintaining all NRC Requirements necessary for the job.
4.) Ability to learn Computer software necessary to complete work assignments.
5.) Must be Doble qualified or be willing to obtain qualifications one year from start date.
6.) Must be a journeyman or have a degree from an accredited program. 5 years’ experience will also meet requirements.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Maple Grove || MN - Maple Grove || United States (US) || Utilities Group || 03296:NSPM Substation Ops & Mtce || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16841
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]