Location(s): MN - Mankato
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Advanced Step/Journeyman Linemen to be located at Mankato Service Center. The base rate of pay for Journeyman Lineman is $45.54 according to the “Exhibit A” wage scale. An Advanced Step Apprentice will be coming in at 80% of the Journeyman rate of pay at 5th Step, 85% at 6th Step, 90% at 7th Step, or 95% at a 8th Step.
Job Responsibilities (May include, but not limited to the following)
Perform all duties of the Lineman Classification. Including work on overhead and underground electric
distribution and transmission systems. Individual filling this position should have a high level commitment to Safety,
Provide quality customer service, be self motivated and possess a positive attitude.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Documentation of completion of a Journeyman Lineman program is required.
- Must meet driver qualification requirements, including the possession of a valid Commercial Class A Drivers License.
- Must be physically capable of performing all aspects of electric overhead and underground distribution construction, operations, and maintenance work.
- Must have good communication and teamwork skills.
- Must presently be qualified to be a 5th Step Apprentice Lineman or higher.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated commitment to work safely and productively.
- Requires participation in after-hours emergency call-outs.
- Must live within a 20 mile radius of the Mankato Service Center.
- This position is subject to D.O.T. random drug and alcohol testing program.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Mankato || MN - Mankato || United States (US) || Operations || 0811M:Elec Ops Mankato MN || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14351
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]