Job Title: Applications Engineer
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Job Type: 6 Month Contract
DWFritz Automation, founded in 1973, has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and continues to grow! Since its inception, DWFritz has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Today, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology places DWFritz on a trajectory to becoming a leading provider in the field of automation.
One thing that hasn’t changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, such as “Collaborate and Share the Credit,” a value that is deeply engrained in how we work together both in our US and China facilities. Our core value “Find a Better Way” promotes innovation and openness to doing things differently. It’s also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab.
Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our employees enjoy standing desks, a recreation room, a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent “Lunch and Learns.”
DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
Your Engineering Team at DWFritz
The Engineering team at DWFritz loves a challenge. In the face of large, complex obstacles, they develop the most interesting and brilliant solutions. They see obstacles as opportunities for learning, adaptation and innovation. The Engineering team was founded on collaboration and there is no shortage of team work, but unique to DWFritz are the opportunities to work autonomously on individual projects as well. Members of this team have diverse backgrounds, come from a variety of industries, and are eager to learn. Working with state of the art technology and world-class customers requires flexibility and communication to produce reliable, brilliant solutions.
The Application Engineer will assist in the initial concept, design input, buy-off and installation of equipment for advanced manufacturing, using knowledge of engineering and programming, as well as sophisticated metrology, machine vision, precision motion control and advanced robots.
- Develop and review specifications for equipment, as well as performance requirements.
- Provide input to system operating manual.
- Work closely with project team to provide technical support during system power up/debug and factory acceptance testing.
- Oversee installation to see that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Test to make sure that machinery has the capability to carry out desired functions.
- Set schedule of procedures and maintenance tasks as required to maintain equipment in prescribed condition.
- Help provide technical information and training to workers in other departments as needed.
- Participate in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Provide equipment functionality and capability reports and act as technical liaison.
- Participate in training sessions, seminars, and continuing education to stay abreast of new technical developments.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of machine vision systems, electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, and computer programming.
- Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills.
- Understanding of C# .Net and / or PLC programming a plus.
- System integration, test and debug skills.
- Conceptual development of applications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Use Microsoft software – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Requires domestic/international travel for installation and support. Typically 3, 3-week trips/year.
- Must be eligible for or have a valid passport.
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in applications engineering.