Location(s): MN - Becker
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Apprentice Instrument and Control Specialist on the Day shift working 7:00 am through 3:30 pm based out of the Sherco Plant.
Bargaining and Non Bargaining employees may apply for this vacancy.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE REQUIRED THROUGH TRAINING:
1. Perform installation, maintenance, calibration, testing, troubleshooting, configuration, and repair of Power Plant instrumentation and process control systems.
2. Perform testing required by Plant Operation, regulatory requirements; review, prepare and submit records in support of these activities.
3. Specify and initiate purchase requisitions in support of the above.
4. Maintain accurate records pertaining to the above.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Two-year certificate from vocational technical institute in electronics or instrumentation, or company approved equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience: Minimum of two years troubleshooting and repairs to the component level of electronic/industrial instrumentation desired.
Other Requirements: Once hired, individual must demonstrate satisfactory progress in the Apprentice I & C Specialist Program, including passing two national certification tests in Industrial Instrumentation. Scheduled and emergency overtime is required. Ability to develop the skills needed to respond to back shift call-outs for unsupervised work required. (This position is nuclear sensitive and applicant may be required to pass NMC nuclear security screening requirements.)
Selection criteria may include testing and assessment.
TOTAL COMPENSATION: Apprenticeship Scale – 4 year
Employees who possess the necessary qualifications and are interested in this job vacancy may sign below.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Becker || MN - Becker || United States (US) || Operations || 0477M:Maintenance || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18602
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]