Location(s): MN - Edina
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate a need for one or more Apprentice Lineman (3rd Step or higher) to be located in Metro West (Edina, Minneapolis or Maple Grove, Minnesota)
In this position, you will work as part of a team that is responsible for construction maintenance and emergency repairs of all overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems. Residency within 20 miles of the service center is preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Technical school Lineman degree is required
- Must have CDL license and be able to pass random drug tests
- Must be totally committed to safety, quality work, and customer service
- Must to able to attend and pass all extended training at the Quality Academy
- Must be able and willing to respond to after hours and weekend call outs
- Must be mentally competent and able to communicate and comprehend instructions, and build on previous experience
- Must work well with others and exhibit team work attitude
- Must exhibit a high awareness of safety, and compliance with all company safety rules
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Edina || MN - Edina || United States (US) || Operations || 17120:Elec Ops Edina MN || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15343
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]