Location(s): NM - Hobbs
Do you want to have a vital role supporting the infrastructure that provides electricity to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? Consider a position with Xcel Energy’s electric distribution team.
Xcel Energy is seeking to hire a 4th Year Lineman or a Journeyman Lineman for the Hobbs, NM location.
Primary responsibilities consist of but are not limited to installation, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground distribution conductors and equipment. Must be able to climb poles, work on energized conductors and equipment, perform hot stick work on energized high voltage conductors, work in inclement weather, be available for callout work and all other work as outlined in the lineman position.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must successfully score on Behavioral Assessment
- Technical School Lineman degree is preferred
- Completion of an approved apprentice line program is required
- Must have good communication and teamwork skills
- Requires participation in after-hour emergency callouts in all kinds of weather conditions
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Must be committed to working safely
- Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A
- Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: NM - Hobbs || NM - Hobbs || United States (US) || Operations || 11950:Elect Const Hobbs SPS || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 4941
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]