Location(s): WI - Eau Claire
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need of one or more Apprentice Lineman to be located at the Western Avenue Service Center in Eau Claire, WI.
In this position, you will be responsible for the construction, maintenance, and repairs to overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems. The person filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others, and possess a positive attitude and commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create customer satisfaction and to work productively.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Technical School Lineman degree
- Commitment to successful participation and advancement in apprenticeship program
- Must have good communication and teamwork skills
- Requires participation in after-hour emergency callouts in all kinds of weather conditions
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew desired
- Must be committed to working safely and compliance with all company safety rules
- Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A
- This position is subject to D.O.T. random drug and alcohol testing program
- Must be of adequate physical stature to perform routine physical labor associated with line work, including but not limited to: lifting, climbing, working in confined spaces, operation of equipment
- Willing to travel and work away from home
- Must reside within 20 mile radius of the Western Avenue Service Center
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - Eau Claire || WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Utilities Group || 715EC:Elec Const EC/ME WI || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15966
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]