Location(s): MN - Monticello
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
Perform plant operations such as refueling, equipment isolations and restorations, surveillance testing and equipment and valve checks, and act as a member of the on-site fire brigade. Must be capable of climbing ladders and occasionally working at heights. Must be capable of wearing a respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus. Must also meet all nuclear plant access authorization requirements under NRC regulations. Must possess a SPECIAL Minnesota State Engineer's License within three months and a Second Class Grade "A" License within 3 months of attaining the necessary operating experience. Must be in good general health and capable of passing a medical examination meeting Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements.
• High school diploma or GED
• Previous nuclear plant operating experience preferred
• Must have sufficient technical or scientific background that would, in the Company's judgment, prepare an individual for NRC license training and must have one of the following:
- Two years scientific education at the college level
- A junior college degree in a scientific field
- Previous nuclear operations experience or equivalent
- Two year certificate from a vocational-technical institute in a scientific, mathematic, mechanical or electrical field
• Must meet Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements
• Must successfully complete the necessary training required to become an NRC licensed operator
• Must pass the EEI POSS/MASS Plant Personnel Test at the Nuclear level, or be grandfathered
• Required to actively participate in training and retraining programs established for this position
• Required to function under written plant operating and maintenance procedures as appropriate, and document records as required by management
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45529:FT MT Shift Operations || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17488
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]