KMEA is a multi-discipline engineering services firm. We have recently been awarded a large multi-million dollar multi-year contract for work on U.S. Air Force bases throughout the Midwest and Western States. Currently we are seeking Architects or Engineering applicants with Civil, Electrical or Mechanical disciplines with one or more state Registrations and the desire & ability to work across a broad range of disciplines to include HVAC and plumbing design and heat load analysis. Responsibilities include:
- Performs initial and ongoing project design.
- Delivers documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors.
- Prepares field reports, internal correspondence and sections of formal reports with supervision and review of project managers.
- Contacts vendors, develops scopes of work, gets bids, and forwards information to subcontract administrator.
- Follows company safety standards and site safety standards.
- Performs engineering and scientific calculations; collaborates with project manager to develop accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of projects.
- Good experience required with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and database programs (e.g. MS Access); familiarity and working knowledge of AutoCAD, or other software is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills a must.
- Knowledge of federal and DoD contracts is a plus.
- Possession of a Government Security Clearance is a plus.
- Must be an organized, motivated and detail-oriented team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- One or more states Professional Registration in respective discipline is required.
- 4+ years’ experience in engineering design.
- Prefer experience in writing technical studies and reports and writing internal correspondence.
- Must pass drug test, MVR check and federal government background check.
- Must be eligible to work legally in the US.
- This full-time position is located in San Antonio. Working in the San Antonio office is a requirement for the job. At this time, a relocation package is not being contemplated.
- Travel less than 25%
KMEA is an EOE and encourages qualified U.S. Military Veterans and other qualified Protected Class Applicants to apply. To do so please follow this link: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1611783