Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provide technical expertise in conservation programs to assist Xcel Energy customers to use energy more efficiently. Provide technical guidance and review directly to customers, sales staff, and marketing staff; examine potential applications and recommend solutions. Develop knowledge and expertise in specific technical areas and applying that expertise to maximize customer benefit from Xcel Energy conservation products.
- Provide technical assistance to the Xcel Energy Marketing and Sales organizations. Perform the day-to-day engineering in assigned technical areas. Construct analyses in the technical-financial models that meet the state regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Develop rapid but rigorous analytical models based upon good engineering practice and the methodological direction of other Technical Consulting staff. Learn job responsibilities as well as rules / guidelines (both regulatory and internal) from Technical Consultants, Senior Technical Consultants, and Team Lead Technical Consultant for assigned programs.
- Develop and maintain Xcel Energy's technical knowledge in specific assigned area for gas or electric conservation programs (HVAC, lighting, compressed air, energy efficient building construction, motors, controls, industrial processing, boilers, furnaces, recommissioning). This position will be a resource in the assigned area.
- Leverage internal expertise to customer advantage by developing relationships with external networks of engineering and architectural firms, government agencies, industry associations and research firms. Acquire and develop knowledge in assigned areas by interacting and learning from these sources.
- Meet established turnaround time criteria for assigned projects to foster customer participation.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related Engineering degree from an ABET accredited curriculum (equivalency to an ABET accredited degree would be recognized by ABET as having "substantial equivalency" or through a "mutual recognized agreement")
- 1 year experience with energy conservation in one or more of the following: energy engineering consulting, HVAC, lighting, compressed air, energy efficient building construction, motors, controls, industrial processing, recommissioning, boilers, and furnaces
- EIT Certification
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 51600:Energy Solutions Engineering || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18483
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]