Automotive Electrical Engineer
Typical fields of expertise include: sensors, electronics, optics, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Research and develop product specifications and requirements.
- Develop/design of analog and digital circuits for automotive sensors. Route and layout circuit boards to IPC standards. Validate and release design through document control process.
- Analyze and characterize circuits using laboratory equipment. Determine root cause of any failures of complex electrical systems by troubleshooting to the component level.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects that run simultaneously. Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment and effectively communicate with Department Mangers, Engineering, Production and other departments.
- Work closely with the new product launch teams and the final manufacturing location to ensure smooth launch, design for manufacturing, and transition of products into the production facility.
- Understanding of major automotive systems and subsystems. Knowledge of Controller Area Network (CAN).
- Program in a variety of languages for PCs, and embedded microcontrollers.
Required Bachelor/Master of Science in Physics, or Electrical Engineering with a minimum 5 years of experience with new product design and development •