Stone Security Engineering (StoneSec) is an internationally recognized engineering consulting firm specializing in the protection of people, buildings, and structures from accidental and manmade hazards. We focus on Extreme Loading (including blast, ballistics, vehicle ramming, and forced entry resistance) and safety, engineering, and design. StoneSec has offices in New York City and the Washington DC Metro area and supports blast testing at the Stone-OBL Large-Scale Blast Test Facility outside of Bend, Oregon.
We are looking for a Structural/Blast engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience to work at our New York City office to support an array of projects including high-rise buildings in Manhattan, US Government buildings, UN and other NGO facilities worldwide, product development (doors, windows, blast resistant modules, etc), and blast testing. Seeking an engineer who is enthusiastic, hard-working, interested in working in a team environment, and who has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Master’s Science, or higher degree, in civil engineering with an emphasis on structural.
- Between 5 and 10 years of experience including design and project management.
- Works well in a team but does not require constant supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff, clients and contractors.
- Experienced user of MS Office products and common engineering software such as SAP 2000, Matlab, etc.
- Comfortable working directly with architects, contractors and other engineers.
- Authority to work in in the US without sponsorship.
- Experience with dynamic and/or blast resistant analysis and design.
- Computer coding.
- Licensed Engineer, or able to obtain licensure within 1 year.
- Green Card or US Citizen.