NorthPark Center is hiring a full-time Building Maintenance Engineer who utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds. Must be able to work under limited supervision, monitor building system operations and performance, as well as utilize several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Knowledge of and skill in use of standard tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of general maintenance task
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of general maintenance
- Knowledge of blueprints, schematics, and working drawings
- Ability to use basic shop math applications
- Ability to locate and identify problems in appropriate building system or equipment and to plan and execute necessary repairs
- Physical ability to perform moderately heavy physical work which includes lifting and crawling, and to remain outdoors in inclement weather
Mechanical - Knowledge of HVAC, air handlers, cooling towers, heat pumps,
- Maintain property, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities. Replace HVAC filters.
- Notify management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants, keeping supervisor informed and maintaining records in work order system.
- Clean snow and debris from sidewalks and other exterior areas.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, toilets, urinals and piping.