Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional CAD Technician in our Indianapolis, IN office.
The CAD Technician will work collectively with our Aviation/Airport and Transportation Phase Managers and cross-functional internal departments. This individual will work within a team to develop and produce high quality construction documents for various aviation related projects. Our CAD Technician will have a proven ability to interact with cross-functional internal contacts to execute the required work, interact with the client staff in a professional and proactive manner to resolve issues, track progress, perform QA work associated with the requirements, make necessary corrections, and continually manage schedule and ensure quality.
- Technical expertise in civil site design principals, grading, erosion and sedimentation control practices.
- Utilize multiple software platforms to produce accurate and legible construction plans, color renderings, reports or displays for various projects in the aviation field.
- Conform to appropriate CAD standards and best practices.
- Perform quantity take-offs.
- Makes minor mathematical calculations.
- Checks final drawing to verify completeness, clarity and accuracy of drawing.
- Operates plotter to transfer developed drawings to an appropriate medium.
- Identify and recommend process improvements and enhancements on existing projects.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in civil engineering
- 5+ years of AutoCAD and Civil 3D related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D, Microsoft Excel
· Previous utility within the Aviation or Airport industry, experience is a plus
· Able to graphically present information clearly and concisely
· Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Ability to provide excellent customer service
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
· Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering/Geospatial industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/2yc8euz
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.