We are in search of a CIP Compliance Engineer who will function as a compliance staff expert in the Critical Infrastructure Protection area and who will participate in the implementation of the annual NERC/MRO Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program (CMEP), by maintaining a current understanding of NERC/MRO regulatory compliance trends; and evaluating the registered entities’ (electric utilities) adherence to the NERC CIP Reliability Standards. This position is also responsible for identifying improvements to compliance processes and procedures and for developing enhancements as assigned by the management team.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and related industry experience resulting in demonstrated ability to perform the major duties.
The following certification is desired:
- Professional Engineer (PE)
Minimum requirement: Five to seven years’ experience in electric power industry. Employment as an Electrical Engineer; Energy Management Analyst, Power System Operation Engineer, Power System Planner, or a related technical position having direct experience associated with transmission operation, planning, and modeling. Desired experience includes:
- Experience with system planning (power quality analysis, transfer analysis, fault analysis, stability analysis, and power flow analysis) and the NERC TPL Reliability Standards.
- Experience with system modeling (load level forecasting, capacity scheduling, and ATC, TRM, TTC studies and determinations) and the NERC MOD Reliability Standards.
- Experience with protection systems and the NERC PRC Reliability Standards.
- Familiar with PA, TP, TO, TOP, GO, and GOP functions.
- Ability to understand and apply risk management concepts.