Position: Civil Engineer III
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Professional Project Services, Inc. is a premier provider of critical infrastructure engineering services protecting our nation’s high-value assets. We provide innovative solutions to government and private industry on critical defense, facilities and infrastructure security, nuclear nonproliferation and environmental projects.
Professional Project Services Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a Civil Engineering (Direct Hire) position at the corporate office in Oak Ridge, TN. Please submit resumes via the web page link, www.p2s.com.
The successful candidate must have experience in civil engineering design and construction document development on various stormwater/infrastructure projects. Typical projects may include design of grading/drainage, storm culverts, storm sewer systems, detention ponds, minor roadway design, utility infrastructure (sewer and water lines), and erosion control.
· Performs a broad range of planning and design tasks for civil and stormwater design, transportation design, and other infrastructure projects
· Development of design calculations and construction drawings/documents for projects involving grading/drainage, storm culverts, stormwater systems, detention ponds, sediment and erosion control, and/or utility design
· Some project management involving development of scopes of services, schedules, and budgets and ensuring successful project delivery
· Support the department in the management of staffing and workload
· Acts as company liaison with internal and external clients
· Responsible for collection of field information and resolving field problems.
· Assists in training junior staff
· Performs other related duties as assigned
To qualify for this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
· Have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 8 years of related work experience
· Have earned PE registration (TN preferred)
· Have good communication (written and oral) skills
· Be client-focused and advancement oriented.
· Be computer literate and familiar with various software, such as: CAD software: MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
· Storm Drainage Software, such as Hydroflow and Culvertmaster (Pondpack, HY-8, SWMM are a plus)
· Business software: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· LEED Certification is a plus.
· Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen per federal contracts.
Federal Government Clearance Required:
A clearance is NOT needed for this position.
Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/Vet/Disab/LGBT
Please submit salary or hourly rate requirements along with resume or in a cover letter.
Oak Ridge, TN area
Please submit resumes via the web page link.
If you meet the above requirements/qualifications, please click the Apply Now button to submit your resume to be considered for this position, as well as being added to our national database. We look forward to talking with candidates who have the requisite skills and experience level.
1100 Bethel Valley Road, Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Ph: 865.220.4417, Toll Free 888.243.4150
Email: [email protected]