Job Title: Configuration Control Analyst
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Department: Business Segment
Job Type: Contract
DWFritz Automation, founded in 1973, has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and continues to grow! Since its inception, DWFritz has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Today, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology places DWFritz on a trajectory to becoming a leading provider in the field of automation.
One thing that hasn’t changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, such as “Collaborate and Share the Credit,” a value that is deeply engrained in how we work together both in our US and China facilities. Our core value “Find a Better Way” promotes innovation and openness to doing things differently. It’s also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab.
Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our employees enjoy standing desks, a recreation room, a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent “Lunch and Learns.”
DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
The Configuration Analyst is responsible for tracking the deployment and conversion history for all UMP systems. The Configuration Analyst will provide periodic updates on the UMP systems deployed including deployment dates, end of warranty dates, and warranty status of specific components. This position will be the communications bridge between the UMP team and the US and China Service Teams to manage and communicate deployment dates, warranty start dates, and warranty status of all UMP systems and components deployed on the field. This position will also be the ultimate authority on the warranty status of any UMP system or component in the field.
- Responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and traceability of all UMP system and component warranty data.
- Responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and traceability of all UMP spares lists and consumables lists.
- Conforms to all Change Management processes and practices. Participates in all Change Management activities and/or boards as required to maintain the integrity of all UMP system and component warranty data.
- Confirms that all UMP system and component warranty data is kept up to date as ECOs are implemented.
- Provides guidance in any decisions related to the warranty replacement of any part on a UMP system.
- Supports and enables all efforts to determine if any replacement parts are used on an out of warranty system.
- Assists with any shortages of material in the field and assists in setting priorities for the assignment of consigned material.
- Participates in process improvement projects, based on business needs.
- Maintains a positive, productive relationship with project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills, able to work independently.
- Initiative in selecting and prioritizing tasks for self and others.
- Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel and Word.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and the ability to motivate others to do the same.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Physical capabilities include talking and hearing.
Your Education and Experience
- Knowledge of product lines and corresponding engineering practices
- Experience and knowledge of Configuration Management concepts as applied to custom engineered equipment
- Exposure to part attributes and various manufacturing bill of material structuring philosophies
- Understanding of the application of Product Lifecycle Management concepts in an engineer-to-order environment
- Experience with planning, design, production, build, testing, teardown, shipping, and maintenance requirements and processes;
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and change effectivity planning (Epicor preferred)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment; project-based, Engineer-To-Order preferred.