Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Maple Grove; TX - Amarillo
Do you want to put your skills and experience to good use supporting one of the fastest-growing parts of the energy business? Are you interested in being a key part of the utility industry’s new, competitive landscape? If you’re interested in working for a trustworthy company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety, consider a position on Xcel Energy’s transmission team.
Responsible for providing leadership, planning, scheduling, and work coordination for all construction activities and personnel to achieve performance objectives. Ability to read and review engineering drawings and identify required bill of materials. Responsible for the creation of construction material work packages through coordination with matrixed resources and identifies, obtains and allocates labor, material and equipment to ensure effective and efficient construction projects throughout the region. Review construction project critical issues and update the Business Area and Supply Chain Senior Leadership when applicable. Provides input and support to ensure the continuous improvement of construction management processes and supporting systems used across the fleet. Provides support for effective material management, forecasting and budget management.
- Construction Coordination: Implements construction planning, execution, and the post construction continuous learning cycle process for the region. Provides leadership, planning, scheduling, and work coordination for all construction labor resources to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the construction portfolio. Will have strong understanding of concepts of lead time, manufacturing processes for commodities and highly engineered equipment and fulfillment channels. Responsible for compliance with critical path schedules, work scope specifications, and construction O&M and capital project performance objectives. Is accountable to meet or exceed construction performance objectives with project management.
- Balance of Plant Scheduling: Accountable for the identification and creation of balance of plant material schedule. Has comprehensive knowledge of construction techniques and field material requirements. Responsible for work order data governance, appropriate utilization and ownership relative to creation of master data, and work execution. Will lead construction efforts with the work order to pay process. Responsible for communication of material schedule and maintaining a living schedule for construction materials.
- Team Collaboration: Responsible to identify, obtain and allocate labor, material, and equipment to support construction projects. Is responsible for the development of work packages that will be executed during each construction project through coordination with matrixed personnel. Will oversee and communicate material forecast information to key stakeholders. Will lead and support team on receiving process and field returns process.
- Project Process Standardization: Implements and supports the continuous improvement of project l management processes, project practices and supporting systems by identifying and communicating best practices, lessons learned, and process improvements. Collaborates with others to share lessons learned and best practices. Incorporates process improvements into the project scheduling process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management experience related to operations/maintenance, planning, budgeting and a minimum of five years of power plant or industrial experience.
- An additional six years of experience beyond the experience requirement may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Comprehensive understanding of industrial facility operation and maintenance is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use critical path scheduling software.
- Some travel to the power plants is required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Maple Grove; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 41310:Trans Construction & Line Ops || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15204
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]