Location(s): MN - Monticello
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Responsible for participating and completing Senior Reactor Operator training to obtain the skills required for ensuring safe operation of the plant by overseeing control room operations to comply with all licensing and regulatory requirements and company requirements for generation capacity; coordinating operations with other plant groups; and maintaining operations data and records.
- Learn and obtain the necessary skills to ensure the nuclear generating plant operates safely and remains in compliance with plant requirements and governmental regulations. Trainees learn to verify the nuclear plant is operated in accordance with technical specifications and licensing basis.
- Learn and obtain the necessary skills to effectively oversee activities of Control Room Operators and Auxiliary Operators and to investigate Operational problems and evaluate for plant impact. Trainee will also learn to effectively coordinator shift activities with plant work schedule.
- Learn and obtain the necessary skills needed to perform administrative functions related to plant operational requirements. Trainees learn to issue Maintenance work requests and to maintain current plant logging requirements.
- Must complete all training required as evidenced by successfully passing any and all required licensing exams.
- Must meet one of the following items per ACAD 10-01:Certified Instructor with greater than 4 years commercial nuclear experience
- BS degree or equivalent in engineering, engineering technology or related sciences; or has a professional engineer license; or a nontraditional degree with the following: 18 months of experience at a nuclear power generation facility; 27 months of experience at a non-nuclear power generation facility; 36 months of nuclear experience for a non-traditional degree; 1 year or more as an ACTIVE reactor operator at a PWR Westinghouse commercial power reactor; 1.5 years or more as an ACTIVE reactor operator at a comparable (BWR/PWR) facility or a non-comparable commercial power reactor facility; Military experience with two or more years in a position equivalent to reactor operator position at military reactor. (RO, EOOW, PPWO, EWS, or PWS).
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to the nuclear power plant. Ability to operate a computer terminal and use word processing and database software.
- Six (6) months at the facility for which the license is being sought to comply with ACAD 10-01. New hires will be required to complete the six (6) months at the facility for which the license is being sought prior to starting SRO Training.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledgeable in reactor theory, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, title 10 code of Federal regulations as it applies to nuclear power operations and safety, ASME code section XI highly preferred.
- Experience in any of the following is preferred: Engineering degree or the equivalent experience as plant engineers or equivalent experience in a responsible positions as line managers or supervisors or as non-licensed operators at commercial nuclear plants or previous experience as a SRO or certified SRO instructor with training & evaluation of licensed operators at commercial nuclear plants.
ERO requirement, remaining Monti/PI positions:
Must live within 90 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45529:FT MT Shift Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15307
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]