Location(s): MN - Welch
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for participating and completing Senior Reactor Operator training to obtain the skills required for ensuring safe operation of the plant by overseeing control room operations to comply with all licensing and regulatory requirements and company requirements for generation capacity; coordinating operations with other plant groups; and maintaining operations data and records.
- Learn and obtain the necessary skills to ensure the nuclear generating plant operates safely and remains in compliance with plant requirements and governmental regulations. Trainees learn to verify the nuclear plant is operated in accordance with technical specifications and licensing basis.
- Learn and obtain the necessary skills to effectively oversee activities of Control Room Operators and Auxiliary Operators and to investigate Operational problems and evaluate for plant impact. Trainee will also learn to effectively coordinator shift activities with plant work schedule.
- Learn and obtain the necessary skills needed to perform administrative functions related to plant operational requirements. Trainees learn to issue Maintenance work requests and to maintain current plant logging requirements.
- Must complete all training required as evidenced by successfully passing any and all required licensing exams.
Must meet one of the following items per ACAD 10-01:
1. Certified Instructor with greater than 4 years experience
2. BS degree or equivalent in engineering, engineering technology or related sciences; or does has a professional engineer license or a nontraditional degree with the following:
a. 18 months of experience at anuclear power generation facility
b. 27 months of experience at a non-nuclear power generation facility
c. 36 months of experience for a nontraditional degree
3. One year or more as an ACTIVE reactor operator at a PWR Westinghouse commercial power reactor
4. One and a half years or more as an ACTIVE reactor operator at a comparable (BWR/PWR) facility or a non-comparable commercial power reactor facility.
5. Military experience with 2 or more years in a position equivalent to reactor operator position at military reactor. (RO, EOOW, PPWO, EWS, or PWS)
Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to the nuclear power plant. Ability to operate a computer terminal and use word processing and database software.
Six (6) months at the facility for which the license is being sought to comply with ACAD 10-01. New hires will be required to complete the six (6) months at the facility for which the license is being sought prior to starting SRO Training.
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledgeable in reactor theory, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, title 10 code of Federal regulations as it applies to nuclear power operations and safety, ASME code section XI.
- Experience as licensed reactor operators at other commercial or military reactors.
- Experience in any of the following is preferred: Engineering degree or the equivalent experience as plant engineers or equivalent experience in a responsible positions as line managers or supervisors or as non-licensed operators at commercial nuclear plants or previous experience as a SRO or certified SRO instructor with training & evaluation of licensed operators at commercial nuclear plants.
ERO requirement, remaining Monti/PI positions:
Must live within 90 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Welch || MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45626:FT PI Operations Support || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14742
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]