Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Xcel Energy’s Enterprise Security Services (ESS) team is responsible for all aspects of security including Cyber, Physical, Enterprise Resiliency, and Governance and Risk services. This dynamic team is growing and evolving to meet the needs of the enterprise while adjusting to the ever changing world we live in. Come join this high-energy team in building a best-in-class Cyber Security program tasked with protecting the critical infrastructure Xcel Energy’s customers depend on. We are hiring a Cyber Security Engineer - to be based out of Denver, CO, Amarillo, TX, or Minneapolis, MN.
The successful candidate should have experience working with Information Technology (IT) solutions and supporting projects to build-in cybersecurity best practices and manage cyber security controls in Enterprise IT environments (e.g. cyber security engineering, operations, networking), performing network and application security administration in these environments, penetration testing and/or threat assessments working with commercial and open source security applications and technologies, programming/scripting experience, and experience as a cybersecurity specialist in a regulated IT environment.
The Cyber Security Engineer will assist in in effectively developing, implementing, communicating, and executing the Xcel Energy Enterprise Security Services cyber security strategy. Will work closely with key business partners, internal technology teams and external vendors to research, deploy and configure technologies and processes that strengthen the defenses of the enterprise. The Cyber Security Engineer will remain knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory and legal changes, and standards that may impact cyber security at Xcel Energy.
- Work with business units in the planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining of the IT environment and associated technologies
- Engineer secure solutions in accordance with policies, procedures, standards and best practices
- Recommend specifications and detailed schematics for architecture
- Recommend specific detailed information for hardware, software, and firmware selection, as well as implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs including present and future capacity and cyber security feature requirements
- Conduct analysis, testing, troubleshooting, and hardening of IT infrastructure and associated technologies to guarantee functionality and optimize system performance
- Work with others to ensure that proper cyber security disciplines are understood and applied
- Educate the ESS team to ensure the capabilities of IT equipment and security configurations are documented and appropriately monitored for ongoing threats
- Apply security knowledge, policies, procedures and best practices to identify security solutions for potential use across the enterprise
- Provide cyber security guidance, governance and oversight within the assigned IT environments to ensure system availability, confidentiality, integrity and maintain compliance with appropriate regulation(s)
- Bachelor's degree (preferably with a concentration in Computer Science, Technology, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering, or Electrical Engineering) or the equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Cyber Security including 2 years direct experience in Cyber Security Engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber security through all layers of the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) stack
- Demonstrated experience in cyber security engineering principles involving application security, security testing, communications / network security, and computer security
- Experience using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools, as well as capture tools such as Wireshark
- Strong investigative, conflict resolution, organization and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Proven problem solving and business risk analysis skills. Solid understanding of information security policies, standards, industry best practices, and frameworks. (ISO 27K, NIST 800-53, IEC-62433, FISMA, BITS etc.)
- Experience working with regulatory programs such as FERC, NERC CIP, TSA, DHS, SOX, HIPAA, etc
- Strong team skills
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56130:Cyber Security || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18811
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]