Peraton is seeking a motivated, customer oriented Cyber Security Engineer to support our high-profile government client.
What you'll do...
- Perform engineering support and system administration of specialized cybersecurity applications and systems to include installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and back-up/restore
- Provide subject matter expertise in creation, editing, and management of signatures, rules, filters, and custom content for specialized cybersecurity systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems
- Administer cybersecurity test beds and tests and evaluates new cybersecurity applications or tools, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of cybersecurity platforms.
- Provide Tier 2 maintenance support for deployed cybersecurity technologies.
- Support Assessment and Authorization activities related to cybersecurity technologies.
- Identify potential conflicts with implementation of any cybersecurity tools within the enterprise and develops recommendations to remediate these conflicts
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects
- Provide solutions to a variety of complex technical problems
You'd be a great fit if...
- You've obtained a BS degree and have at least five (5) years of relevant experience. However, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Your specialty areas are in Identity and Access Management, Cybersecurity Operations, Cybersecurity Engineering, IT Security Audit, and Information Assurance
- You have specific expertise in cybersecurity enterprise scanning and continuous monitoring, enterprise host/network security and intrusion detection
- You've utilized cybersecurity tools including at least one of the following: HBSS (McAfee endpoint suite), ACAS (Tenable/Nessus), SIEM technologies, RSA Archer, Redseal, and FireEye host/network security products
- You're well-versed in cybersecurity architectural principles such as defense in depth, resilience, and integrated security operations.
- You can convert functional cybersecurity requirements into system requirements
- You have at least one (1) year experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms
- You're IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SSCP, or CCNA-Security) certified
- You have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
It would be even better if you...
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met
- Are an effective communicator and are able to interact with various levels of senior management
- Make decisions and resolve problems effectively - Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
- Are a multi-tasker, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance with polygraph.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.