Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is an international specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for brokers, agents and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty (RT), and a collection of managing general underwriting companies within RSG Underwriting Managers (RSGUM). RSG was founded by Mr. Patrick G. Ryan, the retired Chairman and CEO of Aon Corporation. A highly regarded insurance veteran, Mr. Ryan saw the need for a specialty organization devoted exclusively to creating sophisticated insurance and risk management solutions for a select group of hard-to-place risks. With its mission of delivering measurable value, RSG is committed to providing specialty insurance services, proven leadership, outstanding industry experience and quality services in all of our exchanges with retail agents and brokers, and insurance carriers worldwide.
Ryan Specialty Group is looking for an Data Engineer to join our Chicago, IL office. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further developing their career.Position Summary:
The Data Engineer will be responsible for managing and creating data structures, to improve the accessibility of data to the business and analytics team.Essential Functions:
- Develop and deliver data sources and infrastructure to support the needs of predictive modeling, analytics, and portfolio modeling as part of a cross-functional team.
- Connect raw data to business meaning and understand data generation and flows in the context of business impact. Communicate anomalies and work towards resolution.
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints.
- Build interactive dashboards, to deliver clear insights to key business partners, and assist in the creation of KPIs.
- Work with corporate IT, to manage scalable solutions that can be leveraged across the organization.
- Solve problems with a multidisciplinary approach, combining technical expertise with business knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Data Architecture, or equivalent experience/skills.
- Three (3) or more years of experience preparing data and building data warehouses, preferably in insurance industry.
- Ability to work with large data sets, and create processes for efficient analysis and management of data.
- Strong business acumen required; insurance acumen preferred. Ability to make connections between data and business strategies.
- Software experience:
- Data manipulatin/transformation: Advanced experience with SQL and Excel required, Alteryx or similar software a plus.
- Data visualizatin: Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software, strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, work-ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details, and take on initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.