PERI Formwork Systems Inc. is seeking an energetic, motivated and driven individual to join the team at their Dartmouth office located at 340 Wright Avenue, Unit 9, Dartmouth, NS B3B 0B3.
PERI is a leading global company in formwork, scaffolding and related engineering with over 7,000 employees worldwide. Our comprehensive product range is the basis for the most cost-effective solutions in concrete construction. PERI offers excellent engineering expertise, efficient logistics operations, practical instruction and construction site support, hands on training and exceptional technical documentation. PERI takes an avid interest in the growth and development of all employees as they are the driving force behind the company’s continued success.
The world of formwork and scaffolding is an exciting area in which to work, wherein employees are continually exposed to rewarding and enjoyable challenges that offer individuals the opportunity to develop unique and creative solutions for every type of project.
This is a permanent full-time position with a work week that consists of 40 hours per week and offers a comprehensive benefit package (medical and dental benefits, life insurance, Group Insurance, RRSP benefits, eligible for yearly bonus and overtime pay) and a salary of $55,000-$60,060.
- Develop formwork, shoring or scaffolding solutions for various kinds of concrete construction projects
Perform static analyses to ensure optimal designs
Produce the following engineering documents: design layout drawings, steel fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, design calculations, material lists
Interact with PERI’s Technical Sales Consultants, customers and other design professionals in order to provide the most cost-effective design solutions
Provide on-site support when required
Visit job sites to review technical aspects of the project
Design advanced wall formwork for high-end architectural finish
Design high load shoring systems
The successful candidate will
A degree in Civil Engineering
5 years of experience in formwork design (structural engineering) and drafting with AutoCAD
- PERI product knowledge is an asset
- Experience working independently on major projects
- Advanced wall formwork design experience related to high-end architectural concrete finish
- Design experience in concrete construction projects, such as parkades, hospitals, industrial buildings, harbors, and general infrastructure (an asset)
- Formwork design experience for hydro generating infrastructure such as dams, draft tubes and power houses (an asset)
- Outstanding organizational skills, drive, and the ability to prioritize
- Fluent in English; exceptional communication skills; ability to speak, read, and write English
- The ability to learn quickly and to work well independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong computing skills in a variety of applications, including project management software
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their resumes to Human Resources by e-mail to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation for candidates with disabilities is available throughout the recruitment process upon request.
PERI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please visit our website at www.peri.ca