Is this you?
Engineer that loves to lead people...
Likes being involved in daily operations...
Loves to work on buidling the impossible...
Love the Outdoors...
This position just might be for you!
The Design Engineer Manager will design innovative acrylic products for the marketplace while supervising and leading other engineers and designers in the department. This position is in a fast paced, high energy, dynamic environment and requires a well-rounded individual that is capable of leading a team, while maintaining individual responsibility and accomplishment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop acrylic products to meet customer expectations and manufacturing feasibility.
- Identify opportunities and improve existing manufacturing and fabrication processes.
- Support implementation of processing methodologies including Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Travel to job sites to provide engineering support as required.
- Manage day-to-day tasks for the engineering team.
- Manage schedules to ensure on-time deliveries of plans to the clients or internal departments.
- Manage team members interactions with clients
- Attend meeting with other departments representing the Engineering team.
- Work with R&D team on future products and processes
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have fundamental engineering logic and common sense.
Must have an understanding of the manufacturing business and operations.
Must be a self-starter with the drive and enthusiasm for quality and yield improvements.
Must be able to multi-task and handle disruptions.
Must be able to manage and lead a team.
Must be very organized and detail oriented
Must have customer service experience.
Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as an ability to work well with others, under pressure, customer relations and organizing the tasks for the most effective use of time.
Must work with minimum supervision, be self-motivated and exhibit problem solving capabilities.
Must put safety as a top priority in all job assignments
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, prefer mechanical; manufacturing or industrial will be considered.
- Master’s degree in Engineering is recommended
- 10 or more years of proven experience in structural/design engineering
- 10 or more years CAD experience in Solidworks. AutoCAD experience desired.
- 10 or more years FEA experience, Nastran/Femap preferred.
- 10 or more years of manufacturing experience
- Experience with in glazing, glass, architecture products and processes preferred
- Experience with manufacturing equipment used in chemical mixing and casting processes, including ovens and autoclaves.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Must speak and write English proficiently. Spanish and/or Thai language skill is helpful.
The company also offers amazing benefits after 30 days of employment:
- $18 monthly health insurance premium (for employee only coverage)
- Company sponsored Life Insurance
- Affordable dental & vision insurance
- SmartDollar (Dave Ramsey FPU) access
- 401k company matched plan (after 6 months of employment)
- Access to Colorado Gold Ski Passes that are good at 22 resorts