Location(s): TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Involved in applications of general design practices. Will select and recommend procedures in design and prepare preliminary designs for Engineer's approval. Works independently on design projects in support of design engineer, or other professional, and will often coordinate drafting efforts on projects. Provides technical support for engineers working in such areas as research, design, development, testing, or process improvements. Direct drafters in development of design for projects.
- Develop engineering drawings for construction.
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing the correct design criteria based on knowledge from vendor data and project scope.
- Check drawings for accuracy including dimensions, spelling, drafting standards, and completeness.
- Review drawings and other discipline drawings and any existing plan drawings for physical interferences.
- Assure that anticipated problems in manufacture, assembly, installation and operation are resolved by the drawings produced.
- Advise, assist, and directs drafting personnel of a lesser grade in performance of their assigned duties.
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed in completion of assigned tasks.
- Associate degree in drafting/design/engineering technology or equivalent job related experience (2 years job related experience equivalent to 1 year college).
- Must have 9 years experience in engineering drafting and be well versed with basic design practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize various computerized design/drafting software applications according to project requirements.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation is essential.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce complex engineering drawings in a 2-D or 3-D environment.
- Basic knowledge of IBM PC's including Windows. Should have a working knowledge of e-mail and other basic office applications such as a word processor and spreadsheets.
- Valid drivers license.
- May require travel to plant/job sites.
- May require overtime hours.
- Electrical discipline is preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 31112:ES TX ETS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16887
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]