See what you're missing! Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first exemplified by our mission: We protect Those Who Protect Us . Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems, you'll help support systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
The C4ISR Systems line of business within the Electronic Systems (ES) Sector of BAE Systems is looking for a self-motivated and innovative DevOps Engineer. An individual who is looking for a company that fosters a work environment in which technical excellence and a strong work ethic is highly valued. If you are a DevOps Engineer experienced in research, visual design, graphic design, consulting, and/or development, this is the career opportunity for you.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will support tools in a continuous integration pipeline to automate and/or scale deployment of capabilities; create scripts and templates to build cloud based development and deployment patterns for software engineers; troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, monitoring and operations issues; work with government delivery platform architects on software and system optimization, helping to remove potential performance bottlenecks. Astute ability in writing test scripts, in an agile software development environment is required. This competency is required to further test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
This position is contingent on program award.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Experience in software administration, with strong knowledge in at least one preferred scripting language such as Python, PHP, or Perl.
- Experience in automation and testing software suites such as Selenium or JUnit.
- Understanding of agile and other development processes.
- Demonstrated experience with configuration and use of DevOps tools construct a functioning build pipeline.
- Demonstrated experience with software process automation with popular scripting languages.
- Demonstrated experience with build, release, and configuration management in a CI/CD environment.
- Knowledge of best practices in support of IT operations in a 24/7 mission critical environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Applicants with a current TS/SCI security clearance
- Demonstrated experience with containerization platforms (e.g. Kubernetes, PKS, and Docker)
- Experience with cloud provisioning software such as Ansible, Chef, Cloud Formation Templates, etc.
- Experience with application performance analysis and monitoring (e.g. ELK or SPLUNK)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact for our customers and the communities we serve.