Technology is constantly changing and our adversaries are digitally exceeding law enforcement's ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to this challenge, Peraton is seeking a Senior Forensic/Network Analyst to provide proven, industry leading capabilities to our customer.
What you'll do...
- Use a wide variety of forensic tools to locate malicious software to determine the vector of infection, the extent of the compromise, the attributes of the malware and any possible data exfiltrated
- Be responsible for network packet capture and log artifact analysis of suspected computer intrusions
You'd be a great fit if...
- You've obtained a BS degree and have ten (10) years of relevant experience or equivalent work experience in Digital Forensics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. However, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- You have six (6) or more years of direct work-related experience in the areas of digital forensic analysis and network activity assessment, including packet data analysis and data, linking, and/or correlation analysis
- You've used EnCase, FTK, X-Ways or similar forensic suites
- You've analyzed network traffic with tools such as Wireshark, Bro, tcpdump, NetworkMiner or similar network tools
- You've identified and analyzed malware
- You possess 200 hours of formal, accredited training in related technical specialty fields
- You have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph
It would be even better if you...
- Have experience with log-based tools such as Splunk, ELK Stack or similar tools
- Possess one or more related certifications such as the EnCE, CFCE, CCE, or CISSP
- Have programming or scripting language knowledge
- Are experienced with volatile memory analysis
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.