Location(s): NM - Carlsbad
Are you an engineer who wants a challenging, rewarding career at a Fortune 500 company that’s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship? Do you want to be part of shaping our energy future? An engineering position at Xcel Energy could be a great match for you.
This is an entry level position designed to develop technical expertise in a particular area of specialty. Performs work that involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents. Activities are of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific narrow area of assignments. May lead small-medium, non-critical projects and/or provide field oversight of critical projects under direction of higher level engineer or supervisor. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. As proficiency is gained, may work on portions of larger projects. Works under supervision and follows established procedures. May supervise or coordinate the work of interns, drafters, craft personnel, technicians and/or others.
- Uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to perform activities/assignments of limited scope.
- Supports the development of technical documentation (including but not limited to designs, testing, calculations, reports, standards, etc.) Utilizes and may assist with the development of procedures.
- Provides ongoing technical support for project activities within areas such as Operations, Maintenance, Testing/diagnostics, Regulatory, etc. May provide field engineering oversight for activities such as commissioning, testing, inspections etc. under direct supervision.
- Coordinates/leads projects or portions of projects (including phases such as research, design, equipment selection, procurement support, installation and commissioning), under the direction of a higher level engineer or supervisor.
- Under the direction of a higher level engineer/supervisor, supports bid/evaluation processes by performing basic analysis and calculations on existing documentation and materials that support the preparation of bid documents. In completing segments of technical evaluations for proposals may need to effectively communicate with other business areas of the company following appropriate processes.
- Effectively exchanges information in all formats, on matters having a wide range of importance and complexity both inter-organizationally and with outside customer/vendors.
- May coordinate the work of interns, drafters, technicians, and/or others and provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers. Responsible for continuous self development of technical skills and competencies.
- May perform activities such as budgeting, estimating, forecasting, accounting, work order management, in support of engineering projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalency)
- 0+ years relevant engineering experience
- Ability to demonstrate the unique technical skills and core competencies for this engineering level established & documented by the organization
- EIT/FE (Engineer in Training/Fundamentals of Engineering) preferred
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: NM - Carlsbad || NM - Carlsbad || United States (US) || Operations || 11370:Distribution Design New Mexico || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18081
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]