Location(s): TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position is responsible for managing the maintenance of engineering documents for all Xcel Energy facilities. Provides customer services including fulfilling document requests, maintaining existing document files and performing document searches. Follows processes and standards to ensure quality service and adherence to state and FERC requirements. Support Management, Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, Drafters, and Plant personnel with engineering document retrieval, project closeout, and document repository.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and expertise in maintaining documents. Performs quality assurance and quality control of engineering documents. Maintains and updates electronic drawing management system, ProjectWise. Provide support to system users. Recommend system enhancements and trouble shoot system errors. Performs periodic archiving and audits to maintain document repository standards
- Provides services for Xcel engineering document requests. Performs collection, entry, access, and distribution procedures as required. Utilizes interpersonal skills in maintaining balance with all parties' requirements and priorities.
- Provides on-time and on-budget, complete administrative and analytical support in relation to engineering document services. Proactively communicates with other Document Control Specialists and Administrative Assistants to manage workload and project requests. Provides project administrative and engineering document services to projects.
- Demonstrates adherence to engineering document services policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. Contributes to development of department policies. Provides input for continuous process improvement. Communicates document requirements and department standards. Supports Corporate compliance with adherence to state and FERC requirements. Investigates compliancy as necessary.
- Works on multiple tasks simultaneously. Demonstrates ability to prioritize work to accomplish goals. Ability to manage high levels of urgency. High attention to detail.
- Support of onsite engineering documents at Energy Supply facilities with verification of document accuracy through audits.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years administrative experience in an engineering, construction, technical or business environment
- Document management experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Overtime may be required
- Job assignments may require working at various project sites
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 31118:ES EDS Service || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18741
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]