Location(s): TX - Amarillo; TX - Lubbock
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Applies visionary and strategic leadership in directing the activities of the Distribution Engineering organization to produce and implement comprehensive and economic distribution plans and budgets to optimize the utilization and life of the company's electric distribution assets. Additionally develops electric distribution system and substation capacity plans for Xcel Energy's multi state operating areas in Texas and New Mexico. Represents the company in regulatory matters. Manages Routine Budgets. This position will be filled in Amarillo, TX or Lubbock, TX.
- Provides leadership for personnel regarding local and regional planning of the corporate electric distribution delivery system.
- Directs development and coordination of long term plans to ensure system reliability & efficiency. Provides input to capital budget.
- Establishes distribution and substation capacity programs (projects) and utilization strategies with particular emphasis on capacity planning, reporting, benchmarking and improvement.
- Prepare and manage business plans and budgets for Capacity Planning.
- Ensure maximum utilization of human resources by promoting teamwork, diversity, safety, customer orientation and development of individual potential
- Coordinates the activities of the Unit with internal and external organizations to support corporate objectives and meet customer needs
- Accountable for achievement of goals relative to project completion, budgets, safety, facility performance, regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Manages development of Unit business plan and operating budget. Monitors results. Ensures alignment with organization and corporate objectives.
- Stays abreast of new technologies and current industry practices. Represents Company in Regional/National organizations
- College degree in engineering, (EE preferred).
- Professional engineering registration is preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of distribution planning and/or equivalent design/operations experience which includes a minimum of three years supervisory/management experience.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo; TX - Lubbock || United States (US) || Operations || 59676:Distribution Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 12133
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]