Our Engineering Services
group in Central New York is seeking an Electrical
Engineer to provide designs of electrical systems for water/wastewater
treatment facilities including power distribution, motor controls,
instrumentation and lighting. You will also assist in construction phase
engineering tasks relating to the electrical system designs.
This position will temporarily be out of our Cazenovia, NY office as we will be moving to our new office location in East Syracuse, NY during the Winter/Spring of 2020.
Our Central NY office is made up of over 100 dynamic professionals who collaborate across a diverse range of engineering, environmental and construction projects. You will find a supportive culture that inspires camaraderie and community involvement. In addition to a strong reputation for outstanding work and client service, GHD has a positive work environment that adopts our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Enhance internal and external client relationships through effective communication and prompt delivery of services
- Participate in project chartering
- Compile and analyze data for various types of projects
- Construction phase engineering services such as shop drawing reviews, answers to requests for information, O&M manual reviews, and startup/testing
- Prepare and check design computations for projects
- Prepare project reports
For success in this role, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant Electrical Engineering experience
- Understanding of PLCs and experience with using AutoCAD 2010 or higher
- Proficient in all Microsoft products and ability to learn new software.
- High analytical skills and ability to determine priorities
- Self-motivated, hardworking and able to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment and manage several job tasks at once
- Sound time management skills
- Diplomacy and discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Demonstrate excellent people relationships and networking skills
- Focus on positive customer service
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you have a passion for pursuing this role, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position will not provide visa sponsorship.