Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for Engineering candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of the Professional Tradesman.
Klein Tools is a well-respected leader for handheld electronic testers, and the Test & Measurement division has been growing rapidly. The tremendous growth in this market has created excellent opportunities for talented engineers to join our team.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be the lead engineer for the HVAC, VDV, Illumination, or Test & Measure product categories. You will lead new product development projects from feasibility, through development, pilot, and up to launch. You will be responsible for engineering design and analysis for new products. In addition, you will utilize problem-solving skills to analyze engineering difficulties and define appropriate corrective actions. You will also develop test plans for benchmark evaluation of competitive products, qualification of new or proposed products, as well as ongoing product improvement utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Prepares product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
- Prepares proposed routings, bills of material, and cost estimates for completing the proposed project.
- Performs benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
- Participates as directed in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
- Designs, prototypes and tests product components, subsystems, and fixturing applying principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering as directed.
- Writes technical reports as directed to document engineering analysis and findings.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
- Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain time lines.
- Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for downstream customers.
- Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
- Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
- Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra steps and add cost in the manufacturing process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science Degree in the appropriate assigned area from an ABET accredited institution or program and 3 years of relevant work experience in the assigned area.
Must have strong technical and analytical skills.
Computer skills and familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, analysis and design software a plus.
Must have planning and organizational skills.
Must be capable of facilitating projects and solutions. Demonstrated oral and written communication within a team environment.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.