We are leveraging advances in microfabrication, advanced computing, material science, and semiconductors to improve the performance, reliability and cost of LiDAR systems for the emerging self-driving car industry. Our technology is the culmination of years of fundamental research into controlling electromagnetic waves in metamaterials.
We are a well-funded startup in the Seattle area transitioning from research to production.
We are looking for Electrical Engineers to join our team of talented, multi-disciplinary engineers. You will be responsible for all phases of design and development of board-level analog and digital hardware, including selecting components, creating PCB layouts, and characterizing and debugging circuits. More senior engineers will have experience in system design and end-to-end product development.
3 Awesome reasons to work here:
You will make your parents proud by changing the future
Work with super smart people in in electrical, optical, materials and other engineering fields
Financially rewarding now (salary and benefits) and in the future (stock options) as we succeed togetheer
What you need for this Position:
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or Higher)
Experience in analog electronics design
Experience architecting, designing and implementing analog, digital and high-speed circuits
Good written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
Proficiency with industry standard PCB design tools (Altium experience preferred)
Experience creating and releasing product drawings, documents and BOMs
Familiarity with common lab tools (oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, etc.)
Good soldering skills and ability to rework circuits
Ability to perform board characterization, validation, debugging and troubleshooting
Experience in product design and development in an R&D environment
We'd be really excited, and we'd expect a senior Electrical engineer to have most of these capabilities.
- Master's of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Familiarity with design for testability and manufacturability principles
- Experience in switch-mode and linear power supply design and PCB layout, thermal design and analysis
- Experience with signal integrity, power integrity, EMI and ESD
- Knowledge and experience of board-level and module-level shielding and grounding
- Low voltage, high current and short pulse schematic design and PCB layout experience
- Familiarity with simulation tools such as P-SPICE
- Experience with ADCs, DACs and common communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, RS485, etc.)
- Mixed-signal circuit design (board level) and assembly experience
- Knowledge of device physics for BJT, JFET and MOSFET for both switch-mode and linear operation
- Knowledge of various sensors, low-signal and low-power design experience
- Excellent end-to-end system debug skills and ability to create an efficient test setup
- Embedded programming skills (AVR, STM32 or similar
- What's in it for you:
In addition to a competitive salary (wide range of $100K to $200K based on skills and experience) we offer a full benefits package and early stage shares in a well-funded start-up. We are ready to hire immediately. So if you are a talented Electrical Engineer, please raise your hand and step forward.