Celestica has established the largest Aerospace and Defense EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) organization in the industry that serves several Avionics OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturer) in areas such as design for manufacturing, value engineering and test optimization.
We are looking for an Electrical and Electronics professional who will become the design expert on a legacy electro-mechanical product. You are an engineer who can leverage existing design documentation to troubleshoot technical and electrical device problems, who will learn and support a complex engineering test environment, who will drive essential re-design and development of electronic equipment and engineering drawings and documentation.
Join our team and apply your technical expertise and knowledge to ensure products that are produced with high quality and efficiency. You will work in partnership with the product factory as the lead technical expert to ensure product integrity manufacturing output and continuous improvements.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Performs engineering work, design analysis, development, and re-design for legacy products to ensure quality standards and functional objectives are met.
- Supports engineering and fault isolation analysis of technical problems on the production lines related to product and internal components.
- Provides Lab Engineering support and troubleshoots electrical device problems to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
- Participates in technical scoping and estimations for product enhancements to ensure new or re-designed product meets the required specifications.
- Analyzes and evaluates component obsolescence and identifies new or improved alternate electronic component selection.
- Work with supply chain to identify alternative parts that reduce product complexity and costs.
- Completes drawing and design documentation as required to facilitate the engineering process.
- Confers with engineers, customers, vendors and other stakeholders on product issues and potential engineering product enhancements.
- Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
- Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal stakeholders on matters pertaining to product engineering activities.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Business Acumen Skills: Clear understanding of the Aerospace Avionics and electro-mechanical product life cycle and FAA or military certification requirements involved
Leadership: A confident, mature person with the ability to lead engineering projects that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables.
Results-Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner with minimal supervision required.
Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented.
Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: Excellent planning, execution and self-management skills.
Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and stakeholders informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with a diverse work force.
Ethics: Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in an Aerospace Avionics, electronics or electro-mechanical organization
- Track record of successful contributions to engineering projects
- Digital / analog design experience. Includes circuit theory, instrumentation, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and microprocessor interface.
- Aerospace Development experience (DO-254 and or DO-160)
- Knowledge of mechanical drawings and designs.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment used for systems, printed circuit boards and subassemblies
- Knowledge of materials, Supply Chain and components used in the manufacturing of electro mechanical systems, printed circuit boards and subassemblies.
Initial on-the-job training for 3-4 months will require applicant onsite in Tucson, Arizona with final assignment at the Aerospace Center of Excellence in New Hope, Minnesota (Suburb of Minneapolis).
Initial 3-4 months onsite: 11100 N Oracle Rd, Tucson, AZ 85737, USA
Permanently located: 9210 Science Center Drive, New Hope, MN 55428, USA
**Exempt: Must be a US Citizen due to facility and contractual requirements.