Electronic Engineering Technician
Location: Greensboro, NC
Hours: M-F 8-5
Main responsibilities are to assist application engineers with works that are focused on RF amplifiers, switches, LNAs, mixers, diplexers, and Front End Modules for WLAN and Smart Energy applications. The tasks also include supporting analog and RF components designs for other commercial and consumer end products. Applicant will work closely with application engineers and end customers in performing a wide variety of highly complex tasks in testing, debugging, and documentation.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing a variety of tests on the Qorvo evaluation boards and customer’s boards designed with Qorvo components.
- Working on evaluation kit schematics, circuit diagrams, and instructions to assemble and test RF circuits and systems.
- Regular maintenance and calibration on general test equipment and RF test benches.
- Tuning of RF circuits to optimize performances to meet customer specifications.
- Assisting in determining methods or actions for continued quality improvement.
- PC board layout, design and testing.
- Collecting, filtering, and documenting large amounts of data and present end results in a power point format.
- 2 years technical degree in Electronics or equivalent.
- RF engineering specialty preferred or the desire to learn RF engineering
- Basic understanding of electronic component operation.
- Soldering of small surface-mount components (including 0402, 0201 and 01005 SMD)
- Familiar with basic digital electronics
- Familiar with signal generators, spectrum analyzers, power meters and etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting electronic assemblies.
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178