Location(s): WI - Amery; WI - Menomonie; WI - Rice Lake
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
This position is responsible to perform and analyze stray voltage investigations, coordinate farm wiring program with customers, and implement necessary mitigation for agribusiness customers. Provide assistance to legal department for litigation. Liaison to agricultural groups, PSCW, University, trade organizations and extension services as required. Coordinate documentation and recordkeeping procedures.
- Perform and analyze stray voltage investigations of agriculture facilities utilizing solid state records with complete documentation of procedures, observances and results. Provide recommendations to customers to alleviate stray voltage and safety concerns.
- Coordinate the farm wiring program and loan program. Coordinate electricians, state inspector, farmers, electricians and payments. Conduct advanced testing for stray voltage.
- Work with local Xcel Energy construction forces and designers to implement primary phase balancing, neutral/grounding reinforcement, reconductoring, voltage conversions and transformer relocation when investigation analysis dictates.
- Negotiate and coordinate the installation and inspections of on-farm mitigation devices with farmers and contractors including contractual and financial paperwork.
- Participate in analyzing stray voltage damage claims, assist and represent Xcel Energy in associated litigation.
- Inform the general public and personnel related to the dairy industry on the aspects of stray voltage through informational workshops and seminars.
- High school education with experience/training in wiring agricultural facilities adhering to the NEC.
- Be familiar with software applications to compile spreadsheets, write reports and download electronic recording instruments.
- Electrical Engineering degree or Masters Electrician certification is preferred.
- Previous courtroom experience desired.
- Experience in developing and presenting training is desired.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - Amery || WI - Amery; WI - Menomonie; WI - Rice Lake || United States (US) || Operations || 776GO:Agri Cust Services WI || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18027
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]