Location(s): MN - Shakopee
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Electrical Operator(s) to be located at the Blue Lake Plant in Shakopee, MN.
Operate combustion turbines and associated equipment at peaking plant facilities. Provide electrical and general mechanical maintenance support for the peaking plant site to maintain availability and reliability of combustion turbines. Complete operational and environmental reporting requirements. Provide electrical switching support for the peaking plants. Overtime and callouts will be required as requested by Plant Management, including weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Journeyman electrician certification
- Three or more years’ experience with one-line electrical and mechanical system diagrams.
- Power Plant operational experience highly desired
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Additional mechanical skills are desirable (welding, drill press, etc.)
- Ability to perform duties in high and confined spaces and perform medium to heavy lifting.
- Function under written plant operating and maintenance procedures as appropriate and document records as required by plant management.
- Highly developed problem solving and decision-making skills in plant emergency situations.
- Will be required to participate in training and re-training programs as required by plant management.
- Must successfully pass the EEI Plant Personnel test (POSS/MASS)
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Shakopee || MN - Shakopee || United States (US) || Operations || 04660:Blue Lake Gas Turbne || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17662
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]