Location(s): TX - Dumas
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We are looking for one 1st - 4th Year Apprentice or Journeyman Electrician to join our team in Dumas, TX! This position will participate in and complete our four-year, electrician apprenticship program and will learn and be responsible for construction and maintanance on electricial substations for Xcel Energy. In this position you must be able to communicate well, and able to comprehend instructions and build on previous experience. A good team-work attitude and ability to work well with others is a must.
- Successful applicant must have High School diploma or GED and meet the following criteria:
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Must have passed the behavioral assessment (external only) and Edison Electric Institute's Construction and Skilled Trades Test (CAST).
- Must be willing to respond to after hour and weekend call outs.
- Must be willing to travel extensively for extended periods of time.
- Must be of adequate physical stature to:
- Lift and maneuver up to 90 lbs.
- Climb structures up to 100' tall.
- Perform aerial work in a safety belt in a safe and efficient manner.
- Use shovels, sledge hammers, 90 lb. jackhammers, and an assortment of hand tools.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Must pass the federal D.O.T. physical examination.
- Must be totally committed to safety, quality of work, and customer service.
Must reside within 20 miles of the Dumas, TX Xcel Energy Service Center
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Dumas || TX - Dumas || United States (US) || Operations || 13560:SPS Panhandle Subs Ops & Mtce || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15665
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]