BAE Systems is seeking Electro Optical Systems Engineering candidates to augment our Greenlawn, NY engineering team in the development of leading edge capabilities in electro optical systems. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge in one or more of the following EO technology areas: Passive sensing, active sensing, free-space optical communications, or optical pointing and stabilization. The successful candidate will be serve as an individual contributor within the Optical Systems Capability Group that is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of electro optical solutions that range from research and development prototypes to full rate production systems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a US Citizen with an active DoD Secret clearance.
- BS in EE, Physics, Optics, or equivalent with 6+ years of experience working with active electro- optical systems; or MS in EE, Physics, Optics, or equivalent with 4+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Active sensing theory, techniques, components - to including laser sources and characteristics, and systems across the electro optical spectrum from UV to LWIR, including applications such as LADAR, vibrometry, and spectrography.
- Passive sensing theory, techniques, components, and systems across the electro optical spectrum from UV to LWIR. Application to systems using passive EO sensor data in the amplitude, phase, frequency, and spectrographic domains for detection, tracking, classification and recognition of remotely sensed objects;
- Optical communications theory, techniques, components, and systems across the electro optical spectrum with a particular focus on free-space optical comms. Optical sources including but not limited to lasers and diodes; optical modulators and demodulators; protocols and information theory;
- Optical pointing and stabilization, reflective and refractive pointing systems, optical isolation techniques, closed and open loop control systems; inertial and platform reference frames, aperture minimization techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, and perform integration and test activities for complex electro-optical systems
- Experience with Systems Engineering processes and practices and working knowledge of DoD product development/lifecycle management.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, optical, software, and systems engineers.
- Experience working with limited supervision and interacting effectively with project management to achieve project goals.
- Proven communications skills with demonstrated ability to present information prepared in conjunction with engineering leadership to inform and influence team members, management, and customers.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Able to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- Experienced in developing systems for integration on Space, Flight, and/or Ground Mobile platforms
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact for our customers and the communities we serve.