Looking to innovate and be part of a highly self-motivated team? Do you want to live in one of the best cities in the World, are you looking to change the way you approach work and careers?
Illusense has set up shop in the Mount Pleasant area of Vancouver, with ample amazing food and drink within walking distance. Just a 5 min walk from Olympic village Skytrain station.
Illusense technology is the result of years of research that went into re-inventing machine vision that will change the world. We are a growing startup in stealth mode with an exciting chapter in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and algorithmic problems. We are looking for passionate and talented Engineers to join us to innovate on these new products that addresses customer needs to build the future.
The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing startup soon after launch and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation technology, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scalable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
What is in it for you?
· Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on having an inclusive, respectful work environment with minimal pretense.
· Impact: Participate at the ground level to develop what will become a fundamental new technology world-wide.
· Ownership: You will quickly become responsible for key components of the service, and drive what and how to build them.
· Learn & Grow: If want to learn and grow with challenges of a designing and building a brand-new technology – this is an opportunity of a life time.
· Have fun: Surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun and autonomous environment.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or related discipline.
· Solid grounding in physics and mathematics fundamentals.
· Experience designing and implementing complex electronics hardware systems.
· Communication skills for both a technical and business audience.
· 3-5 years industry experience in hard-tech.
· Extremely comfortable setting up and operating all manner of lab test equipment.
· Highly proficient in troubleshooting/debugging electrical problems in complex equipment.
· Proven ability to internalize vast amounts of technical data and use that information to make sound technical recommendations.
Preference Given For
· Relevant graduate degrees, publications and domain expertise.
· Proficiency in design, schematic capture, simulation and layout of electronics.
· Experience with PCB fabrication, assembly, and testing procedures.
· Experience integrating mixed-signal designs with embedded processors, programmable logic, and digital communication links.
· Experience designing for high-speed RF and digital requirements.
· Knowledge of control theory and closed-loop servo systems.
· Experience working with high speed acquisition electronics,
Nice to have
· Direct experience with Altium Designer
· Experience participating in the mechanical design of electro-mechanical systems
· Knowledge of optics, solid-state physics and related fields.
· Direct domain expertise in LIDAR, photonics, ASIC design.
· Experience building solid firmware.
· Experience in digital design with Intel/Altera/Xilinx products.