Job Title Embedded C++ Software Engineer
Job Location Rochester, NY
Job Code CS20192###-####8
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Perform Embedded SW Design and Development of Platform and Waveform capabilities for an advanced Tactical Radio Product as part of elite team. Participate in the entire SW development life cycle; from requirements development, through design, coding, integration, and product qualification testing. Requires the application of the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Ability to work independently or lead a small team.
- Summarizes technical information and presents recommendations to management.
- Plans, estimates and tracks engineering projects.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Develops system testing procedures, programming and documentation. Understands basic principles and technical concepts; position provides opportunities to apply theory to practice.
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE required with a minimum of 9 years software engineering experience.
- 9+ years with C, and / or C++ programming language and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) required.
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience in a structured environment and experience with software emulators/debuggers required.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded design and/or real-time operating systems is required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Creativity in problem solving
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Friday, January 25, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2020