Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
This position is responsible for all engineering activities in the Company's energy efficiency portfolios across six states, with Colorado and Minnesota being the largest portfolios. The engineering team is responsible for program technical assumptions, Salesforce calculators, complex project analysis, customer site visits, assisting new program development, and many related activities. The manager and two team leads will provide leadership for a team of 16 engineers located in two states. The successful candidate will have strong technical skills as well as proven leadership results. Approximately 20% travel is required with this position.
Provide strategic leadership while directing the Energy Efficiency Engineering Department ensuring all regulatory and financial goals of the organization are met or exceeded. Responsible to direct all engineering activities supporting commercial, residential and low income programs. Lead team of engineers ensuring department maintains significant knowledge and technical expertise in all programs to support achievement of energy efficiency goals at Xcel Energy. Provide technical leadership and review to engineering team leads and senior engineers. Ensure all department deliverables are provided timely and accurately. Lead efforts to maximize deemed savings while mitigating the risk that achievement levels are reduced by regulators or other external stakeholders. Management responsibility includes direction, hiring, and performance management of staff.
- Provide strategic leadership to senior engineers and engineer team leads to ensure organizational success. Provide engineering leadership on complex issues in support of internal staff, Marketing and Customer Energy Programs, customers and other stakeholders. Responsibilities include directing department consulting activities with customers for program offerings, drive concepts with program development and program managers to improve and expand program and services offerings for all customer energy programs.
- Direct, manage, hire, train and guide department by developing short and long term strategy, prioritizing and assigning work, assembling teams utilizing internal as well as external resources. Ensure that department maintains a process to monitor and document results in order to ensure successful completion of projects including Key Performance Indicators of cost, timeliness, etc. Assist in individual and team goal setting and monitoring as they relate to department goals and measures. Schedule and provide input into performance appraisal process for senior employees.
- Effectively manage the department to a high level of technical knowledge and expertise by ensuring employees are current and informed about technical developments and industry practices. Ensures the Company is represented externally at appropriate levels through department participation in industry and professional forums in order to stay abreast of emerging industry changes, issues and technologies. Ensures that the Department serves as a versatile resource to Marketing Operations and customers on specific project opportunities. Utilize relationships to identify new opportunities for customers.
- Manage the senior engineers and leads to ensure they take responsibility for the validity of the largest and most complicated projects. This requires knowledge of the regulatory as well as internal rules and guidelines for the technical-financial models. Document and run technical-financial models ensuring they meet state and corporate guidelines. Ensure that all projects will withstand regulatory scrutiny to validate rebate expenditures and maximize Company's investments. Provide final review for all complex technical-financial filings and lead complex peer reviewed projects.
- Develop and oversee all departmental technology processes to monitor or evaluate all projects. Document methodologies and philosophies used in the determination of specific program features and offerings. Act as the senior liaison with external stakeholders to ensure achievement of strategic priorities.
- BSME, BSEE or related engineering degree from an ABET accredited curriculum required
- Licensed Professional Engineer certification
- 3 years management experience of an engineering group
- 10 years experience with energy conservation and six years utility energy conservation experience preferred
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 51600:Energy Efficiency Engineering || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 6186
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org