Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
*We will be hiring either an Associate Solutions Engineer II, or an Energy Solutions Engineer depending on the experience levell of the chosen candidate.
Provide technical expertise in conservation programs to assist Xcel Energy customers to use energy more efficiently. Provide technical guidance and review directly to customers, sales staff, and marketing staff; examine potential applications and recommend solutions. Develop knowledge and expertise in specific technical areas, maintain expertise in established areas and applying that expertise to maximize customer benefit from Xcel Energy conservation products.
- Provide technical assistance to the Xcel Energy Marketing and Sales organizations. Perform the day-to-day engineering in assigned technical areas. Construct analyses in the technical-financial models that meet the state regulatory and corporate guidelines. Be solely responsible for certain technology end uses.
- Develop rapid but rigorous analytical models based upon good engineering practice and the methodological direction of other Energy Efficiency Engineering staff. Be cross-trained in various programs. Demonstrate knowledge and increase expertise with rules / guidelines (both regulatory and internal) from direction by Energy Efficiency Engineers, Senior Energy Efficiency Engineers, and Team Lead Energy Efficiency Engineer for assigned programs.
- Develop and maintain Xcel Energy's technical knowledge in specific assigned area for gas or electric conservation programs (HVAC, lighting, compressed air, energy efficient building construction, motors, controls, industrial processing, boilers, furnaces, recommissioning). This position will be an important resource in the assigned areas.
- Meet established turnaround time criteria for assigned projects to foster customer participation. Establish new enduses for which continuous review by senior Energy Efficiency Engineering staff is unnecesary.
- Leverage internal expertise to customer advantage by developing relationships with external networks of engineering and architectural firms, government agencies, industry associations and research firms. Acquire and develop knowledge in assigned areas by interacting and learning from these sources.
- BSME, BSEE or related engineering degree from an ABET accredited curriculum required.
- 3 years experience with energy conservation preferred in one or more of the following: energy engineering consulting, HVAC, lighting, compressed air, energy efficient building construction, motors, controls, industrial processing, recommissioning, boilers, and furnaces.
- EIT Certification preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 51600:Energy Solutions Engineering || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19232
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]