Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provide technical expertise in conservation programs to drive Xcel Energy customers to use energy more efficiently. Provide technical guidance and review directly to customers, sales staff, and marketing staff; examine potential applications and recommend solutions. Develop and maintain expertise in specific technical areas and applying that expertise to maximize customer adoption of Xcel Energy conservation products.
- Review and take responsibility for the validity of conservation program analyses in the assigned areas. This requires knowledge of the regulatory as well as internal rules and guidelines for the technical-financial models. Document and run technical-financial models ensuring they meet state and corporate guidelines. Ensure that projects will withstand regulatory scrutiny to validate rebate expenditures and maximize Company's investments.
- Provide guidance, training and education to internal staff, Xcel Energy Marketing and Sales, customers and trade allies on technology issues. Responsibilities include consulting with customers on program offerings, team with product development and program managers to improve and expand product and services offerings for conservation programs.
- Develop and maintain Xcel Energy's technical leadership in specific assigned area for gas or electric conservation programs (HVAC, lighting, compressed air, energy efficient building construction, motors, controls, industrial processing, boilers, furnaces, recommissioning). This position is intended to be a key technical resource in the assigned areas.
- Research new technologies and applications to improve and expand Xcel Energy conservation offerings. Monitor federal, state and local energy-related codes to determine whether changes in efficiency levels affect current conservation program guidelines and how it might impact program performance.
- Leverage internal expertise to customer advantage by developing relationships with external networks of engineering and architectural firms, governmental agencies, industry associations and research firms. Consulting with customers as part of product delivery, customized customer consulting on project specific basis, and acting technical sales.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (equivalency to an ABET accredited degree would be recognized by ABET as having "substantial equivalency" or through a "mutual recognized agreement")
- 6 years experience related to energy conservation strategies and significant direct customer contact
- Licensed Professional Engineer certification
- Experience in one of more of the following areas; consulting engineering, industrial processes, technical sales or project management
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 51600:Energy Efficiency Engineering || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18425
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]