Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an entry level Engineer-In-Training onsite in our Chesapeake, VA office.
The Engineer-In-Training is an integral and highly-valued member of our Engineering team. Our Engineer-In-Training will produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, identify permitting requirements, and estimates using a variety of engineering software. This individual will support projects including but not limited to: design, condition assessment and maintenance, regulatory and compliance within the Water/Stormwater/Sanitary Sewer segment. Our Engineer-In-Training will interface extensively with internal Project Managers, Senior Engineers and peers.
- Research, design and develop engineering specifications in alignment with client and Woolpert specifications and standards
- Draft engineering and construction documents using AutoCAD
- Support and collaborate with Engineers through evaluation, design analysis and design development phases
- Produce engineering calculations, analysis reports and provide insights relating to state and local permitting requirements
- Utilize standard engineering practices and techniques to adjust and correlate data; recognize and resolve discrepancies in results
- Prepare engineering plans, plots and reports
- Revise drawings from markups and/or instructions
- Complete assigned tasks on all projects in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related field
- Active Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification is preferred
- 0-4 years of experience in Civil Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related field (This is an entry level position)
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Suite of products including Word and Excel
- Perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.