Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Reporting to the Program Director, the selected candidate will support efforts in the management, oversight and coordination of all design or construction activities associated with the various construction projects for MCP.
* The management of day-to-day contractor activities for all construction projects on site to ensure that construction is completed within budget and contracted schedule.
* Will review preliminary construction design documents, criteria and assist in the management of day to day development of contract document packages.
* Coordination with facility Operations; monitoring construction inspections; investigating construction problems; identifying the need for Extra Work; coordination of daily narratives and special inspection reports.
* Performing contract administration procedures in accordance with PA standards; review of payments to contractors; ensuring construction is performed safely and in accordance with all approved plans, specifications and approved shop drawings; and reporting regularly on construction project status.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Engineering, Architecture, or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
* A minimum of one (1) year of experience in professional engineering, construction management and/or project management, including progressively more responsible supervisory experience.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* Demonstrated experience in construction, architecture or civil/structural engineering, including the review of contract documents and construction drawings and specifications.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments with multiple disciplines.
* Experience with building construction industry in the City of New York, as well as all applicable jurisdictional building codes (i.e., building codes of the City of New York and OSHA).
* Demonstrated knowledge of established PA procedures and processes including, but not limited to project and construction management, the Tenant Construction/Alteration Application (TCA/TAA) review process, financial systems, and document control.
* Demonstrated leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including report preparation.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience interacting with executive management and construction professionals within and outside the Port Authority.
* Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of construction strategies, processes and procedures.
* Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Demonstrated experience supervising and coordinating Port Authority construction projects.
* Demonstrated knowledge of project management software including, but not limited to, Constructware, Primavera and Excel.
* Must have a valid driver’s license.
* An EIT certificate or Professional Engineer License in NY or NJ is desirable.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: