Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
The Engineer of Projects (EOP) will be a direct report to the Sr. EOP of their respective Line Department. The EOP be responsible for coordinating the budgets and schedules for all Engineering deliverables related to the Agency major programs, as well as monitoring, reporting, and forecasting deliverables for their assigned portfolio of projects within the Agency’s Capital and Annual Operating Plans. The selected candidate will be the primary point-of-contact for the Engineering Department from Design through Construction to ensure that Engineering budgets and schedules align with the approved portfolio and mitigate any potential scope changes to ensure alignment with TPC. The EOP will assist with Capital Plan Development by working with Design, Construction and the Line Departments on work plans, project prioritization and the assessment of project feasibility and deliverability while supporting and fostering high levels of team performance. The EOP, establishes consistent work plans, budgets, and project controls for the successful delivery of Engineering projects.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
* Overall responsibility for the performance of the design and construction teams, including oversight of project budgets and schedules. This will include assuring project scoping is delivered in accordance with Line Department requests, major design milestones are met, and construction is delivered according to contractual schedule and budget
* Reporting to senior staff, as required, on project progress, issues and actions and schedule and budget status
* For major redevelopment programs, assist in the procurement of construction contracts or alternate contracting strategies (PPP, Design Build, etc.) by providing advisory services during the document preparation, bid and award of the construction management agreement and construction contracts
* Collaborate with Line Department counterparts the coordination of Engineering support for project categorization, prioritization, planning, design, construction and asset management.
* Lead the progress of assigned projects and report the status of schedules and budgets. Provide regular updates on major program progress.
* Lead the reporting of Engineering Department resource expenditures, related to major programs, to ensure adequate soft cost allocations and tracking for major programs.
* Lead Engineering team to prepare project proposals and revisions. Provide oversight of engineering delivery from Design through construction closeout.
* Ensure prompt and effective communication between staff during the design and construction phases, and report to key stakeholders including the Line Department and Chief Engineers Office.
* Contribute to the preparation Board items including project authorizations associated with major programs.
* Work with Design, Construction and the Line Departments on contracting and management strategies for the most efficient project delivery.
* Attend meetings with various internal and external stakeholders as the Engineering Department representative in order to advance the interests of the program while fostering improved cooperative relationships with all groups.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* A minimum of ten (8) years; experience in progressively more responsible positions in the development and delivery of A/E projects.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university
* Demonstrated experience in management, engineering design, and/or construction fields including establishment of plans, setting priorities, and incorporating facility requirements into project plans.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, estimating, and managing resources, including monitoring work.
* Demonstrated experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups and project teams.
* Demonstrated customer service, decision-making, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated knowledge of capital planning and assessment, procurement, project planning and development, and risk management protocols.
* Substantive knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to management systems, administration, the capital authorization and agenda review processes and document control.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* Registered Professional Engineer or Architect in the State of New York or New Jersey.
* Demonstrated experience with capital projects that involve significant design and construction elements including the monitoring and reporting of cost forecasts against budgets and the management of project schedules.
* Possess strong interpersonal, leadership, negotiation and problem solving and decision making skills.
* Thorough knowledge of Engineerings delivery process including design and construction management, construction estimating and project budgeting and scheduling
* Knowledge and understanding of the Capital and Operating authorization processes.
* Demonstrated experience with alternative procurement strategies.
* Knowledge of management systems and platforms including PDPS, Wintrak, Primavera (P6 Schedules, Contract Manager, and Risk Analysis) as well as corporate systems such as PeopleSoft and SAP, is a plus.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: